Chris Kreider Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
yudan18
yudan18 Feb 12

LOS ANGELES (AP) Dallas coach Ken Hitchcock could see the improved play in his Stars Cam Atkinson Jersey Kids , but positive results had been elusive.The Stars had lost consecutive games, been shut out in two of their last four and late Thursday night against the Kings were stuck in a scoreless game.But then Tyler Seguin finally broke through with a goal with 8:27 remaining and Dallas beat Los Angeles 2-0 in a matchup of teams fighting for a Western Conference playoff spot.Hitchcock’s belief had been rewarded.”It’s tough to get the players to believe if you don’t win,” Hitchcock said. ”After a while, they start wondering. That’s why tonight’s win is really important.”Seguin tipped in Greg Pateryn’s slap shot for his 30th goal, reaching the mark for the fourth time in five years.Backup goalie Kari Lehtonen made 18 saves for his first shutout of the season in his 21st game. Alexander Radulov added an empty-net goal with a minute to play.The Kings had their three-game winning streak snapped. Despite facing a Dallas team that lost 2-0 the previous night in Anaheim, the Kings were outshot 28-18.”We’ve got to score some goals,” Jake Muzzin said. ”We created some chances. I think we got a little cute in the second. Our puck management wasn’t that great.”Los Angeles dominated the first period, holding the Stars to two shots on goal.But the second period brought a quick reversal, with Dallas putting constant pressure on goalie Jonathan Quick as Los Angeles’ offense all but disappeared.Still, the game was scoreless as Seguin prepared to take a faceoff in the Kings end a little more than midway through the third.”Right before the faceoff, Seguin came back to me and said, `Look for my stick if I get it to you http://www.bluejacketsshoponline.com/authentic-david-savard-jersey ,”’ Pateryn said. ”He got it back to me and I basically looked him right in the eyes and shot it right for his stick.”Pateryn’s drive whistled by, nicking Seguin and going high into the net.The Kings were unable to get rolling, and Lehtonen thwarted their late attempts to tie it.”In the second period, we took the game over,” Lehtonen said. ”We were the team that seemed to have more legs and more will at the end there.”Quick made several outstanding stops and finished with 26 saves. But with Dallas controlling the puck after the first period, Los Angeles could never find any offensive rhythm.”Not only did we spend a little too much time in our zone, we couldn’t generate enough offensively,” coach John Stevens said.The day began with five teams all within three points of each other in the Western Conference playoff race, including the Stars and Kings.”We played so well the last two nights, we needed to get rewarded,” Hitchcock said. ”As well as we played tonight, we probably played better (Wednesday) night.”At this time of the year Anthony Duclair Jersey Womens , with so many teams involved in the West in the playoff race, every shift matters, every period matters, every game matters.”NOTES: Tobias Rieder, making his first appearance with the Kings after arriving from Arizona in a trade Wednesday, played on Los Angeles’ third line. . After three power plays in the first period, there were none in the final two periods. . Lehtonen said it felt like a playoff game: ”It’s going to be like this the next 20 games. It’s exciting for the players and the fans.”UP NEXTStars: Return home to play Winnipeg on Saturday.Kings: Remain home Saturday to face Edmonton.— ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Ducks coach Randy Carlyle has called Ondrej Kase the “Energizer Bunny” of his team.Kase certainly had plenty of jump Wednesday night, rallying Anaheim to its seventh victory in eight games.The 23-year-old forward from the Czech Republic got his first NHL hat trick in a 6-3 win over the Dallas Stars. Anaheim trailed 3-2 at the end of the second period but scored four goals in the third, including three in a three-minute span to take control.“He’s a guy that numerous times has been a clutch goal scorer. He’s the type of player that seems to hound the puck and be effective and now he’s being rewarded,” Carlyle said.Kase completed his hat trick at 10:45 of the third when he pounced on a loose puck in front and put it past goalie Ben Bishop to tie the game at 3. Cam Fowler had Anaheim’s only other hat trick this season on Nov. 4 against Columbus.“I just closed my eyes and shot the puck. I had room, so I just tried to hit the net Womens Josh Anderson Jersey ,” said Kase, who has played 134 career games. “It was amazing. I’m so happy.”Brandon Montour, who had four points in the final 20 minutes, gave Anaheim the lead 81 seconds later when he connected on a slap shot after Bishop was knocked down by one of his own players.Jakob Silfverberg then scored for the fourth straight game when he tapped in the puck with his skate on a breakaway to extend the lead. Hampus Lindholm added an empty-net goal as Anaheim got its sixth win when trailing after two periods. John Gibson stopped 26 shots.Kase missed the first 18 games of the season after sustaining a concussion in the final preseason game but has a point in nine of the 15 games he has played. The right wing has five goals and four assists in the past five games.“He’s got such a different skill level with his speed, his hands and his offensive instincts. It’s tough for defensemen to challenge,” said Montour, who had a career-high three assists.Miro Heiskanen, Blake Comeau and Alexander Radulov scored in a five-minute span during the second period for Dallas, which has dropped its last two games after winning four straight. Devin Shore added two assists.“It was a tale of three periods,” said Bishop, who made 30 saves. “I think they obviously took it to us in the first. We took it to them in the second. Then, they took it back in the third.”Kase opened the scoring less than seven minutes into the game when he took a pass from Pontus Aberg in front and beat Bishop for his third goal in four games.Heiskanen evened it on the power play when he got the rebound of a shot by Jason Spezza and fired a slap shot past Gibson. Two minutes later Chris Kreider Jersey , Dallas took the lead when Shore fed Comeau near the far post for a wide-open shot. Rudulov gave the Stars their second power-play goal of the period with a high wrist shot from the right circle.Kase pulled the Ducks to 3-2 late in the second with a wrist shot that went between Bishop’s legs.MILESTONE NIGHTRyan Getzlaf had two assists to become the second player in Anaheim history to go over 900 points in his career. The Anaheim captain, who has 901 points (255 goals, 646 assists), is the eighth active skater to reach that milestone. Teemu Selanne is the franchise leader with 988 points.“It’s another step along the way. I’m in good company with Teemu and he’s a good guy to be chasing,” Getzlaf said.NOTES: Dallas won the season series 2-1. … Anaheim has won its last six at home against the Stars. … Anaheim had a season-high 15 shots in the first period. The last time it had 15 or more in the first 20 minutes was 16 against Colorado on April 1 last season. … It is the fifth time this season the Stars have scored three or more goals in the second period. Three of those games have been against the Ducks. … Heiskanen, who leads NHL rookie defensemen with 16 points (six goals, 10 assists), has scored a point in three straight games (two goals, two assists). … Spezza has an assist in three consecutive games.UP NEXTStars: Continue their road trip Thursday at San Jose.Ducks: Begin their longest road trip of the season (six games) on Saturday in Columbus.